Like most major cities, Seattle has certain areas that see the most traffic tickets.
Seattle PI does us all a favor by highlighting these police “beats” where the most traffic stops appear to occur. Statistics in this article are pulled from Seattle Police Department reports and include traffic violations only.
Some of the areas where SPD made the most traffic stops in recent months include:
- Admiral area of West Seattle
- Green Lake
- The International District
- Rainier Beach
- Lake City
- Lower Queen Anne
- South Beacon Hill
- Central District’s south end
- Downtown core
- Industrial Area and Georgetown
- First Hill
- Hillman City and Brighton neighborhood
- North Seattle College area
- South Park
- Northwestern West Seattle
- Pike-Pine area on Capitol Hill
- Mount Baker area
The article notes how many traffic stops each of these areas have seen in recent months, with Mount Baker by far seeing the most stops. It also provides more detail about the locations where significant traffic stops occur. Be aware of these heavily monitored areas and be safe!